By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. I. SPONSOR
This Contest is sponsored by InSilico Medicine, Inc., with an address at Johns Hopkins University Eastern, ETC, B301, 1101 East 33rd St, Baltimore, MD 21218 (hereinafter "Insilico" or "Sponsor"). II. ELIGIBILITY
There is no restriction for participants of this competition, however, to be eligible to get a prize you must be a resident of Taiwan, ROC and eighteen (18) years of age or older (hereinafter "Participant" or "Participants"). This Contest is open to teams of up to 2 people. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, and their contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest, as well as members of their immediate families and/or households, are NOT eligible to enter. III. THE CHALLENGE
This Contest involves the following challenge: The entrants must submit an Deep Learning based predictions. The Contest will be hosted on a 3rd party platform - https://kaggle.com/
Entrants must perform the following requirements of the Contest as follows:
Register for the challenge on a Kaggle platform.
Send kaggle user ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verify your residency of Taiwan, ROC by sending scan or photo of your personal ID
Submit your predictions by the submission deadline of May 23, 2018.
Finalists from all participants will be chosen to continue refining their projects/prototypes.
Entrants will be judged based on the metric score. IV. PRIZES; ODDS OF WINNING
The prizes of this Challenge are as follows:
Grand Prize: MacBook Pro
2ND and 3rd place prize: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti
In addition to the prizes mentioned above, some participants will be invited to interview.
The prizes are not assignable or transferable. Brand and model of prizes are subject to change by Insilico at any time for any reason and substitutions will be of equal or greater value. Insilico is not responsible or liable for the distribution of any prizes once they are shipped to the winner. The prizes offered, and the entrants that are successful, are not distinguishable by country and do not hold any bias and are equally attainable for all participating countries and their entrants.V. ENTRY PERIOD
The entry period for this Contest begins at 10pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on April 23, 2018 and ends at 11:59pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on May 23, 2018 (hereinafter the "Entry Period"). Following the entry period, participants will be chosen to continue refining their projects. VI. CHALLENGE TIMELINE
- April 23, 2018 — Phase One Begins
- May 23, 2018 — End of First Phase, Phase Two Begins (new test set released)
- May 24, 2018 — End of Second Phase
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. VII. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT; CLAIMING AND AWARDING OF PRIZE
The winners will be announced on the Contest Winners page. Within 7 days following such announcement, all winners will be notified by Insilico via email or by the contest platform Kaggle. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 30 days from the date of Insilico's notification:
Confirm receipt of the notice by email (which confirmation must be sent from the same email address to which the notice was sent); and complete, sign and return a winner release form (as provided by Isilico along with its email notice) and such other requisite documentation (if any) listed in Insilico's email notice.
Within 21 days following its receipt of the Required Winner Documents from the winner, Insilico will ship the prize via FedEx or similar courier service, at Insilico's expense, to the winner's mailing address specified in his/her winning entry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if Insilico determines that the Required Winner Documents as returned by the winner are incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise not in order, Insilico may require the winner to provide complete or replacement documentation prior to shipment of prize.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by Insilico. VIII. TAXES
The winner of this Contest is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and government charges that result from his/her receipt and/or use of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law. IX. AGREEMENTS BY ENTRANT
1. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsor Related Parties shall not be responsible or liable for: (i) any late, lost, stolen, forged, mutilated, corrupted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries; (ii) any errors, omissions, misinformation, or misidentification in an entry; (iii) any dispute or claim or actions of any kind whatsoever by injuries, damages and losses to persons and property arising from an entrant's participation in this Contest or his/her entry, or his/her receipt, ownership or use of the prize; (iv) any computer hardware, software, Internet, network, cable, phone, or other communication or technical errors, failures, malfunctions, interruptions, or delays; or (v) any damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer hardware, software or data that results from participation in this Contest or accessing, downloading or using any tools, files, data, software, or other articles or materials in connection with this Contest.
2. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and consents to Sponsor's collection, use and retention of his/her personal information for all purposes related to this Contest (including, without limitation, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant's personal information with Sponsor Related Parties as necessary to conduct and operate this Contest, communicating with and awarding the prize to the winner, making public announcements about the winner, and advertising, promoting and publicizing this Contest).
3. By entering this Contest each entrant understands and consents that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, the entry, including, without limitation, the entry and entrant's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
4. ANY ENTRY THAT IS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OR IS OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DEEMED VOID AND AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST. X. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS BY SPONSOR
Sponsor reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to take down and remove any entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right. XI. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION
These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules.